NUTRITION SEMINARS / WORKSHOPS
Let us discuss a health topic that would most benefit your organization, please contact email@example.com
We also offer ongoing education programs including Diabetes Education and Weight Management. See a few here
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call the Client Services Department at +234 701 704 6776.
MEDICAL NUTRITION THERAPY
Medical Nutrition Therapy is an essential component of comprehensive health care. Individuals with a variety of conditions and illnesses can improve their health and quality of life by receiving medical nutrition therapy. During an MNT intervention, RDs counsel clients on behavioural and lifestyle changes required to impact long-term eating habits and health.
Medical Nutrition Therapy includes:
- Performing a comprehensive nutrition assessment determining the nutrition diagnosis.
- Planning and implementing a nutrition intervention using evidence-based nutrition practice guidelines.
- Monitoring and evaluating an individual’s progress over subsequent visits with the RD.
RDs provide MNT and other services for a variety of diseases and conditions including:
- Cardiovascular Diseases: congestive heart failure, hypertension, dyslipidemia
- Diabetes: Types 1 and 2, gestational
- GI Disorders: Celiac disease, cirrhosis
- Renal Disease
COMMUNITY NUTRITION INTERVENTION/FOOD RELIEF
Our nutrition consultants and a growing community of FoodHEs Food & Health Enthusiasts are available to volunteer service for free on food relief interventions to underserved communities and offer nutrition education and basic health checkups.
EXERCISE & SPORTS NUTRITION
Do you know what is best to eat before your exercise/workout? Do you know how to fuel your body during and after your exercise? What are some healthy, nutritious dense snacks? Are you confused about supplements? Do you feel tired or sluggish most time of the day?
DETOX AND ANTI-AGING PROGRAM
A 2-month program that consists of:
• An initial assessment and nutrient analysis
• Customized meal plan with sample menus
• Metabolism test
• Shopping lists
• Snack ideas
• A bag full of superfoods and organic supplements
• Individualized nutrition coaching and behaviour change counselling from a Registered Dietitian
WEIGHT MANAGEMENT SERVICES
- Individual outpatient counselling
- Adequate Diet for all age groups
- Sports nutrition
- “Vegan Juice” recipes
- Nutrication Assessment Report – A measurement of Basal Metabolic Rate, Body Mass Index, Ideal Body Weight and more to accurately assess calorie needs.
Our consultants discusses appropriate food choices along with strategies to help adapt to new eating habits and food purchasing and preparation techniques.
INDIVIDUAL NUTRITION ASSESSMENT
Direct in-person and online counselling and customized care services with a registered dietitian/nutrition coach. Visit Diet234 Consult.
Nutritional counselling is provided by a Certified Nutritionist and/or Registered Dietitian (RD). These initials signify that the professional has at least a baccalaureate degree and training in nutrition and dietetics, or a related area from an accredited college or university and has demonstrated competency in a national registration examination. Dietitians must also comply with requirements to practice as a Licensed Dietitian (LD).