I am a sucker for a flawless skin to the extent that anyone who knows we well enough screams “flawless” at the sight of me (LOL).
“He slid his feet over my bloomy skin
the smoothness alone
Brought his neurons to attention
I could feel his heart beat fast in anticipation.
Then he asked how I did it.
I was stunned I couldn’t get the question
Then he stared deep into my skin
Which melted on his touch
It gave me away”
I was so tempted to write a poem I almost went AWOL forgetting I was blogging. My skincare routine can never be overemphasized and the honest truth about it is that it keeps improving by the second.
Organic Coffee Powder
Fast forward to the secret I have to share with you all today, it is called organic coffee powder. You may drink coffee for the eye-opening caffeine, the rich aroma, and the comforting warmth. But don’t toss out those old grounds when your morning pot is empty! You can infuse your beauty routine with the caffeinated effects of your wake-up ritual by reusing coffee grounds in these great DIY beauty treatments. Above all the benefits of organic coffee, I have found it to be of great use as an exfoliate and scrub, combat cellulite, get shiny and smooth hair, boost hair colour and make a mask.
Today, I would focus on its use to combat cellulite and give you my weekend DIY (do it yourself) beauty treatment and how I go about it.
Cellulite is nothing more than normal fat beneath the skin. The fat appears bumpy because it pushes against connective tissue, causing the skin above it to pucker. So I use any organic coffee powder, for example, Organo Gold which contains Ganoderma – a strong adaptogen; which maintains the health of a strong and healthy body by adapting the internal clock of the body and its surroundings to make an anti-cellulite scrub for problem areas (but honestly I use it all over my skin except my face, man has to be trimmed everywhere you know LOL). History has it that it also reduces the appearance of stretch marks and scars.
Here is My Secret Recipe:
- Organic coffee (ground) ½ a cup (for every half a cup of this you would want to use 1½ tablespoons of organic brown cinnamon)
- Organic brown coconut sugar ½ a cup
- Organic extra virgin melted coconut oil ½ cup
- An empty container (airtight)
- Mix all in a container
- Rub and scrub in a circular motion on areas you want to work on towards your heart
- Leave it on for 5 to 10 minutes before you rinse off
Notes to point out:
Always moisturize your skin after an exfoliating session, and after showering
This is to point out that it is not for use on your face because it is too harsh for the skin on your face. There are other natural and holistic scrubs you can make for the face.
- Organic ground coffee is a natural way to fight out cellulite, it stimulates the blood and gets rid of loose skin.
- Sugar helps cleans out your pores and gets rid of blackheads and whiteheads. It gets rid of any type of acne as well as eczema.
- Organic extra virgin coconut oil is a very good moisturizer for your skin, tightens, firms and soften your skin
- Organic brown cinnamon helps circulate the blood and bring nutrients to the skin surface to help heal everything.
Before you attempt this, begin to savour the moment and inhale the thoughts of having the next best thing to an awesome healthy skin. Contact us for more information in case any misunderstanding or book a nutrition report here.