Everyone wants to indulge in losing weight programmes in order to look fit. Overweight and obesity is one of the biggest health problem in today’s World, people are becoming addicted to junks and for food lovers it’s very difficult to control over the diet. If you are ambitious to lose weight there are many tactics and plans which can help.
To help you out with this, following are the dos and don’ts you should know and follow to reduce your weight
- Proper diet plays very important role in reducing weight. Try to avoid junk and have more veggies, fruits and lean meat in diet. Increase the protein intake in your diet, some foods which are good source of protein are egg’s white, broccoli, soya, Chicken etc.
- Do use a calorie counter for your diet, keep a track on your calorie intake using recipes of predetermined calories. (Our nutritionists and dietitians can fix you a calorie counted meal plan, contact us)
- Do exercise daily- get yourself engaged in physical activities and start running in the morning. Take a small walk after dinner. Best way to involve yourself in exercise is to join a gym, burn some extra calories every day. (If you are in the Amuwo Odofin, FESTAC area of Lagos, Nigeria. You can visit SUNFIT’s gym; Diet234’s Founder consults there on Saturdays from 9am – 2pm Central African Time).
- Eat in the morning- never skip a breakfast, make your meal strategy have heavy meal in breakfast, light in lunch and much less in Dinner.
- Eat more and more fibre in your diet, it is healthy and keeps you full much longer. Unlike junks which break down into sugar easily and makes you hungry quickly. Fibre takes long to break and keeps your stomach full for a longer period.
- Don’t eat too much so as to compensate for the workout you do. Eat just to fuel and energize your body, a proper combination of exercise and meal is what makes you to lose weight in a proper way.
- Don’t just rely on dieting, many people think they will lose weight just by over controlling their diet. Well, that’s just a myth. Skipping a meal and dieting for food is just going to make you weak. Along with a proper diet, hard workout is very necessary for losing weight.
- Don’t stay idle for the whole day, avoid sitting for a long time, and make your habit to keep yourself engaged in some activities. Go out for walk in breaks, for evening walks and to market for buying some things.
- Don’t snack too much- you just don’t realize how much eating those small snacks you underestimate contribute to your weight. Avoid snacking too much and go more for healthy main course meals. A proper diet full of protein and fibre starch will keep you full for long and help to avoid craving for snacks.
- Don’t sleep for long, a proper 6-8 hrs sleep is necessary for a healthy lifestyle. Both over sleeping and under sleeping cause harm to your health.
Losing weight is no easy task and needs dedication and will to do. Food, exercise and sleep are the three major factors that contribute to your overall health. Follow the above mentioned do’s and don’ts to control over them, and start losing weight the right way.