Hi darlings. A very important thing to consider on your hair growth journey is what you eat. Ingesting certain things like cigarettes have horrible effects on hair growth and health while taking some things can boost hair length, volume and shine many folds. I have made a list of 10 of these foods whose regular intake would give tremendous hair benefits, call it “hairducation” if you like.
1. Oily fish: oily fish like sardines and mackerels and even salmons are excellent for hair shine. They are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids which the body utilizes to grow hair and make it shine. Definitely having more sardine or tuna sandwiches.
2. Guava: this fabulous fruit definitely one of my best, is Vitamin C rich. Vitamin C stops hair from breaking. So, call it double blessing if you like, enjoy a great fruit and arrest hair breakage.
3. Iron fortified Cereals: read the pack of your cereals to make sure they are iron fortified. An iron deficiency will cause hair-loss. So fortified cereals, grains and pasta, beef, liver and spinach are great sources of iron.
4. Lean poultry: sources of protein with less saturated fat are a must for great hair because they are excellent sources of protein. Protein lack leads to hair growth seizure, when this happens and old hair falls off hair becomes empty and thin. So lean chicken and turkey are great for continued hair growth.
5. Sweet potatoes: this fights dullness like no man’s business. Sweet potatoes are packed with an antioxidant beta carotene which the body turns into Vitamin A and fights dull hair. Great quantities of beta carotene can also be found in carrots, pumpkins and mangoes.
6. Cinnamon: a sprinkle of this spice in your oatmeal, toast or coffee will help blood circulation. It helps with blood flow which bring oxygen and nutrients to the hair follicles.
7. Eggs: Eggs are awesome for hair growth. Eggs are rich in the B complex vitamin Biotin (yes the biotin! the very vitamin in hair growth supplements in its most purest form) . Biotin also helps strengthen brittle nails. So think off the omelettes, the scrambled eggs, the pancakes and every other awesome egg meal.
8. Oysters: Oysters are amazing for hair fullness. I am not a big fan of oysters and sea food generally but for the thickness of my hair I would definitely be doing some oyster eating this week. Oysters are rich in zinc. Hair building cells rely on zinc to make them work the hardest. Zinc can also be found in beef, crabs, fortified cereals and lobsters.
9. Leafy greens: Spinach and other leafy greens are a feast of important hair nutrients, vitamins and minerals. If cooking leafy greens be careful not to overcook them as nutrients are easily lost through heat. Consult our nutritionists today for best cooking tips.
10. Water: I wasn’t going to sign out without screaming W A T E R. Water is awesome, its fabulous, its amazing! Without it all other nutrients can’t be absorbed. It hydrates and internally moisturizes hair strands for a healthy look and shine.
By Ella Togun | firstname.lastname@example.org